In 1960, Terry Motors Ltd purchased the business of HR Dix & Sons Ltd. Terry Motors Ltd was part owned by Nelson General Motors dealer Tony Bolton but the New Zealand Farmers Co-op had the majority shareholding in the business. This business was still run on the former H. R. Dix & Sons site on the corner of Queen and Arthur St in Blenheim and was managed by Mr Frank Terry.
Pic here- Terry Motors Ltd, Cnr Queen St and Arthur St.
H.R.Dix & Sons Ltd, Cnr Queen and Arthur St
A Marlborough Express extract...23 April 1960
“The well-known firm of H.R. Dix & Sons Ltd, which has served the motoring public of Marlborough for the past 37 years is shortly to change hands. The business has been purchased by a private company and will operate under the name of Terry Motors Ltd from May 2nd. It will be managed by Mr F.W. Terry, of Blenheim, who has been secretary to H.R. Dix & Sons Ltd for the past 15 years. H.R. Dix & Sons Ltd was established by the late Mr H.R. Dix in 1923, when he and his wife, with their sons, Messrs C.C. Dix and F.R. Dix, came to Blenheim from Christchurch and set up their garage business in High Street.”